We create and deliver in-house workshops based on our expertise in:
– Coaching & mentoring skills
– Strategic thinking and execution
– Executive presence
The following principles define what an Ascent workshop will be like:
– We work to a three stage process of ‘intention (guided preparation for each participant) – immersion (the workshop experience itself) – integration (chasing down the experience towards working day practice)’. We pledge that a single day workshop will last far longer than a single day.
– We boil this down to a cycle of experience, perception, sense-making and commitment.
– We’ll incorporate as many of these cycles as time allows. The more the merrier (and more effective).
– Our workshops are all directly related to leadership in its broadest sense.
– We differentiate between leadership as both a role and as a responsibility and typically focus on the latter whilst acknowledging the importance and dynamics of the former.
– Our inputs are intended to be, as Einstein specified, ‘as simple as possible but no simpler’.
– Except where and when it is important to create surprise or a general sense of unpredictability, we alert participants to what is occurring and why.
– We set out to create conditions for learning and development that are mentally, emotionally and physically safe for all delegates.
– We monitor safety continuously.
– Within these confines of safety we challenge delegates to experience mental, emotional and physical conditions outside their comfort zones in order to grow and develop.
– Wherever possible, the level of challenge is tailored to each individual.
– We enable delegates to figure out their own learning and come to their own conclusions.
– Our inputs are not ‘True’ but rather are provocations and summaries of our own beliefs and principles. There will always be another point of view on our material and we welcome constructive challenge and debate wherever it does not detract from the learning journeys of the majority.